Today’s helpful hint
How long will the Earth Care Odor Remover Bag last?
Typically the bag will last 3 months after it is removed from the plastic. (It will last indefinitely in the plastic.)
It does depend on the types of odors it is being used on.
For example, for a dead rodent odor it will typically last 3 months, so the bag will typically outlast the stink from the carcass.
If it is being used for strong cigarette odor it may only last a few days or weeks.
How you can I tell if the bag is no longer removing odors?
If you hang a bag and the odor is gone for a time period but returns, that indicates that the bag is “full” and you need to add more bags. Or if you smell the bag and it has an odor that also indicates the bag is “full”.
What do you mean the bag is “full”?
Think of the bag as a sponge. Odor is drawn into the bag and the Earth Care Mineral inside absorbs the odor. The molecular structure of Earth Care consists of billions of microscopic pores, which gives it a large surface area (exceeding the size of a football field). This enables Earth Care to absorb phenomenal amounts of odors. Once “full” it becomes saturated and can no longer absorb odors.
Providing add on services can be significant in both retaining customers and gaining new ones. Some things to consider before offering an add on service:
- Give customers what they are asking for. Train your technicians to listen to what your customers are complaining about.
- What are the costs to you to offer the add on service? What equipment is needed, what are training costs, etc. Complete a small test market to see how viable the new service is.
- Ideally offer something that not many of your competitors are offering.
- Market to your existing customer base initially.
Earth Care Odor Eliminators make it easy for you to add Odor Control as an add on service. Here are some suggestions:
- Dead Rodent Odor: Most PCP’s offer a solution when a rodent dies and stinks up their customer’s place of business or home. You can hang 1-3 Earth Care Bags to eliminate that odor.
- Flood Odors: After clean up from a flood often the home or business is left with a horrible smell. You can offer to eliminate that odor with the Earth Care Flood Odor Remover Kit.
- Wild Life Odors and Feral Cat Infestations: Skunk and other animal odors can make buildings uninhabitable. You can use a combination of Earth Care Bags and Granules to eliminate skunk and animal odors.
- Musty Smells in Old Buildings: Some building just stink, you can cure that problem for your customer.
- Garbage and Dumpster Rooms: These can be a real problem when the odor infiltrates a place of business especially restaurants. A combination of Earth Care Bags and Granules will eliminate these odors.
Most of these solutions offer the opportunity for you to provide an ongoing service which your customer will appreciate and will create addition cash flow to you.
For more information about how to add odor control to your arsenal of services please contact me. Bill BVaughan@cleartheair.com
Also visit our website at www.earthcareproducts.biz
To buy our products contact your distributor. Here is a list of our distributors.
Listen to what people attending Pest World 2016 are saying about Earth Care Odor Eliminator Products.
Come visit us at Pest World 2017 in Baltimore, we will be in booth # 1214.