Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does the product last?
The Earth Care Odor Remover Bag will last indefinitely in the plastic bag. Once the plastic bag is opened the EC Bag will last about 3 months in use.
The EC Bag is like a sponge, it can absorb a lot of odor, but once it is full it will stop absorbing odors. The life of the bag depends on what odors and how strong the odors are. The granules will last indefinitely in a closed container.
- Why don’t you add fragrance to the EC Bag or granules?
If we added a fragrance to the EC Bag or the granules our product would work on eliminating the fragrance. Also many people prefer a fragrance free product, most products with a fragrance just mask the odor, they do not eliminate the odor.
- I hung the bag and the odor is still there. Typically when the odor persists more product is needed. We recommend 3 bags for dead rodent odors in one room. More EC Bag = faster and better results.
- How long does it take for the odor to be gone?
Typically the odor will be gone in 24 hours.
- What happens when Earth Care gets wet?
When applied to wet carpets Earth Care will cake up and appear muddy. However, when it dries it returns to a powder which is easily vacuumed. It will not stain carpet. Any residue may be easily removed by wiping with a damp sponge mop. Earth Care may be applied directly on pet urine, even when soaking wet. When applying to wet urine apply enough granules until there are some dry granules on top.
- Why is Earth Care better than all of the other odor removers?A. Ozone Machines: Ozone machines are expensive. They require an operator. Over use can cause damage to fabrics and upholstery. The fumes emitted are toxic and persons cannot work in the same room while the machine is operating. B. Chemical Sprays: These sprays can be toxic. They are expensive and require labor costs to apply. They often only mask the odors and add chemical to the air. Often they need to be reapplied.
C. Enzymes: Enzymes are applied wet, and they can be toxic. They must be applied directly to the odor causing agent. So that means you must apply messy liquids to everything that has been touched by the urine or odor causing agent. Think carpet, carpet pad and floor board, this usually requires pulling up the carpet.
D. Baking Soda: Comparing Earth Care to Baking Soda or Baking Powder is like comparing the effectiveness of a brick to a sponge in the effectiveness to absorb water. Earth Care is by orders of magnitude a much stronger odor remover.
- How should I dispose of used Earth Care?
Once your Earth Care Odor Remover product is used up you can sprinkle it on your lawn or flower bed as it is a good time released nitrogen amendment. You can also dispose of it in the trash.